Dear Patients of Dr. Meylan – Family Dental Center:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team. Some of the changes you may notice:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions when your appointment is made/confirmation call. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office and asked to sign a form.
- When you come to an appointment, please stay in your car and call us to check in.
- We ask that you wear a face mask when entering the building, as required by the CDC.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the waiting room. You will also find some other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You will be met by a team member, asked to sanitize your hands, and we’ll take your temperature.
- You may see that our waiting rooms will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Chairs in waiting room have been spaced for social distancing.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Following guidelines, only patient is allowed in building, if patient is a minor/or individual that requires help ONLY 1 parent/caregiver is allowed in office and treatment room if necessary. Please do not bring other family members, they will not be allowed back anymore.
- Plexiglass has been installed at the front desk, and all front office team members will be wearing masks. All clinical team members will wear masks, face shields, and gowns/lab jackets, and all “touch surfaces” will be wiped with disinfectant throughout the day including the waiting room
- We have a Surgically Clean Air unit running continuously to “scrub” the air and destroy viruses, bacteria, odors and allergens.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 989/792-1593 or visit our website at meylanfamilydental.com. We will be working diligently to call all our patients who had to be rescheduled or who are needing more urgent care.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Gina Meylan and Team